We normally used to simply add ?tp=1 to the end of the frontend URL to access the module positions map . Thanks to Joomla 3.0, since this is a standard feature since Joomla 2.5. Now you can simply switch ON/OFF , whether you want others to see your module positions or not. The best advantage of this, now you can restrict external visitors to view your module positions on your Joomla template.
So, here is how to do it :
- Goto Extension Manager > Template Manager
- On the top right, click on OPTIONS button
- You will see this screen. Simply switch it ON.
- Now that we have the Preview Module Positions setting enabled, you will see a preview icon next to your Site Templates. Click the preview icon next to the template you would like to view.
- So, thats it. You can simply click on that PREVIEW icon and it will open in a new tab showing all the module positions on your template . You can also do it with the old method by simply adding ?tp=1 to the end of the frontend url and it will happen.