Earlier, it used to be pretty cumbersome process to integrate custom web fonts into the websites. Thanks to Google for their new product, Google Fonts. Google Fonts make it easier to integrate web fonts in a fraction of time and you are up and running .
Here is how to integrate Google Fonts into your Joomla Website :
- Goto Google Fonts Website
- You will see a long list of awesome fonts
- On the top, you may enter any string and the fonts will render it and show. You can use it to test what your text or website would look like, which makes it easier to choose a font.
- Once you have chosen your font, simply click, ADD TO COLLECTION
- Then on the bottom of the bottom, click on USE
- It will take you to the integration details page
- For example, we choose, LOTO SANS font.
- Simply goto your css files and use the new font family, wherever you need. For example in this case, it was font-family: 'Noto Sans', sans-serif;
- And the integration page asked to put this line of code into the index.php of your Joomla template, < link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Noto+Sans' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' >
- You are done!