For previous versions of Joomla, we had to install 3rd party plugins to get ReCaptcha. Here is how to set it up and configure.
- Login to Joomla Admin Backend
- Goto Global Configuration > Site Tab > Captcha . Select ReCaptcha from the drop down.
- Goto Plugin Manager and search for recaptcha. It will list the ReCaptcha Plugin. Edit it.
- Click on Details Tab and make sure the status STATUS is active.
- Click the Basic Options tab. Fill in the Public Key and Private Key, which you can get by registering your site here.
- In order to make sure, its working fine, check frontend registration page.